Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New Neighbors



News from the Farm.  A young couple with three little ones bought the house next door, the one that has been rented since we moved here.  We are glad that we will have permanent neighbors. We invited them and the Howards and the Davises over on Monday night for hamburgers and hot dogs and treats.  We all had a great time.  For FHE we all went over and helped them put in thier garden.  I tilled the whole thing and others planted seeds and plants.  That is the new couple in the background. 

Only thing we are concerned about is that they told me they want to put up a fence.  They are worried about their kids falling in the creek.  I am okay with a fence, but they wanted to put up a privacy vinyl fence.  I asked them to reconsider.  We want to maintain the rural atmosphere.  So I confess our party on Monday had an ulterior motive.  We had such a nice time, playing frisbee, working in the garden.  It was great.  Our flowers looked great, lawn was nice.  I think they got the idea that this is a special place and we do not want to turn it into a subdivision.  I hope they did.  I think we will end up with a fence, but something that will preserve the atmosphere a little more.


Eva putting the finishing touch on the neighbor's garden. 

Welcome to the Ellsworths. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure they felt it was a special place. It is!!! Sorry about the fence. Hopefully you can get them to do a nice one. Can you pick out one you like and propose it to them?

    ReplyDelete